These are the responses I have gotten for our class oath:
As a manager…
- I lead by example and make decisions in the best interest of my firm, employees, and society. I consider all stakeholders in my decision and aim to create overall value for society.
- it is my social duty to be transparent, ethical, law-abiding, and moral when making decisions in my company that deal with stakeholders.
- I will create value for the company and stakeholders through a set of ethical principles.
- I am representative of society’s interest within my company. The purpose of a manager is to make sure that their employees are working at their best towards sustainable profitability.
Therefore, in fulfilling my role as a manager:
I will… (What is your duty to shareholders and stakeholders?)
- place shareholders and stakeholders on a level platform and make decisions promoting their well-being while trying to have minimal negative repercussions.
- balance the interest of shareholders and stakeholders in order to further the purpose of the firm.
I will… (How do you plan on staying true to the standards of society?)
- strive to maintain an understanding of current ethics in society and share that knowledge with my company.
- work to provide sufficient transparency to maintain societies trust.
I will… (How will you manage an enterprise in good fath and make sustainable decisions?)
- strive for transparency while being open to change.
- seek development through experience and education as well as being a welcoming mentor to other employees.
I will… (As a manager, what do you plan on doing to develop yourself and others around you?)
- pledge to recognize the impact of my decisions on the external environment and take responsibility for those impacts.
I will… (How will you strive to create a sustainable community for management professionals?)
- focus on the long term, lead by example, regard the value of my employees not as resources but as humans and coworkers.
- seek to develop a consensus standard for managers and encourage development of management principles.
I will… (How do you plan on protecting the standards and values of management?)
- consider a strong ethical and moral core before making decisions that advance the firm.
- act responsibly and ethically as a manager and hold others to the same standard.
This oath I make freely, and upon my honor to enhance the respect of my responsibility of embodying, protecting, and developing the standards of the management profession.
Featured Image: http://www.economicnoise.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/hippocratic-oath-medicine_dayala0332c.jpg